How do you deal wit...

Notifications
Clear all

How do you deal with people who make you lose your time?

gardnermcgee
(@gardnermcgee)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

We all agree that time is one of the most valuable things we have right? so how can i deal with the fact that there others out there who intentionally make you throw it away?

frankrichardson1979
(@frankrichardson1979)
Noble Member

The way you deal with people who waste your time is to not consider your time as being wasted; unless you’re the one wasting it.

React to the universe without expectations. Your past cannot hurt you and your future will always be unknown. Accept that things happen exactly as they do, skip the part where you think about how much it sucks, and get straight to how you’re going to deal with it.

Deal with aggravation by denying it satisfaction.

ReplyQuote
Richard Hawkins
(@richardhawkins)
Noble Member

Stoics are in no way concerned with what “could’ve” been. They radically accept reality, addressing the objective state of the world directly.

You do not control anything other than yourself. How anyone else operates will forever be outside of your circle of influence. It does not matter why anyone else does what they do, it matters how you react to it.

ReplyQuote
Jacob Stephens
(@jacobstoic)
Noble Member

This is a really interesting subject and I appreciate you for posting this because it's sort of scratching this mental itch I've been thinking about.

I think it's important to realize that this time-wasting is completely normal. People are like a bell curve, right? Some are huge time-wasters, some are...the opposite of that? and most are in the middle somewhere.

So all you can do, in my opinion, is to just move accordingly with that. For me, it's a bit of acceptance, but also being prepared for these things to happen.

ReplyQuote
Share: