Today, I found a wa...

Notifications
Clear all

Today, I found a way that didn’t work.

gardnermcgee
(@gardnermcgee)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I had to take a certification course today. It was a very important course, and I studied to what I believed would be sufficient to pass. I was mistaken, and unfortunately, I did not pass. The margin was very small, but numbers are numbers, and I did not pass.

My job or livelihood is not in danger. I am not hurt or insurmountably changed. My ego took a hit immediately. It is easy to believe myself to be a failure. And for a little bit, I did. I might even still a little bit right now.

Tomorrow morning, I will replace the words “I failed” with “I received feedback”. I will try again. Today, I found a way to overcome a challenge that did not work to overcome it.

I’ll be back at it tomorrow.

Topic Tags
Jacob Stephens
(@jacobstoic)
Noble Member

Turn your losses into lessons, that's all we can do. Best of luck on your next attempt!

ReplyQuote
frankrichardson1979
(@frankrichardson1979)
Noble Member

Failure is just a process in life. You cannot succeed in life without taking a few or more loses. It can be your armor one day cause you gained another life lesson and will never revert back to it again.

ReplyQuote
Richard Hawkins
(@richardhawkins)
Noble Member

I think that your current mentality on the matter is great. It is normal to feel bad upon receiving the news. But it is good to know that you actually thought of "you'll be back tomorrow". You are one step closer to moving on from this situation. Once you have given up on the situation, that is the only time it is considered a "failure". So keep on what you're doing right now and I hope you "get back" anytime soon! Cheers!

ReplyQuote
Margaux Dizon
(@margaux)
Noble Member

We only fail once we give up. It's just an obstacle, and everyone encounters such hardship but it doesn't mean that you failed. Even famous billionaires encountered these kinds of failed opportunities but they never gave up. Best of luck!

ReplyQuote
lainedunc
(@lainedunc)
Noble Member

If there's anything I've come to learn, It is that it's ALL about getting back up - stop looking for excuses to lose (negative) when you can start looking for reasons to win (positive)

ReplyQuote
Share: