Notifications
Clear all

It’s not just about myself.

lainedunc
(@lainedunc)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

This morning I had an epiphany.

I have recently faced some hardships that I have felt unable to wrestle with. (I do know that I can endure anything but I would be lying if I said I have handled them in a true stoic fashion).

I woke depressed today, for some reason I spent the whole day looking for what might've caused this. I was in anxiety, I spent hours just trying to find an explanation of what this is, later, problems started appearing from left and right for no reason, like everything is not going my way, then I thought one last time, this is not just for "no reason", as everything is connected and everything is one.

Then I realized that it’s not just about myself!

It never has been.

It means that I was focusing too much on myself, rather than understanding what is happening all around me, I've let my worries and anxiety get the best of me. Rather than moving forward.

The only thing that matters is that we carry the ball forwards as a universal life force.

In this ever-changing universe, all we have is living well, doing the right things, making mistakes but learning and then sharing that wisdom with others.

Helping the greater good.

If we die and there is an afterlife, we will surely have wanted to live well and do good.

If we die and there is nothingness, then we will die in comfort knowing you have done your best and lived a good life.

Endure whatever hardships come, don’t ignore the pain but accept it and use it to help the world push on.

Live your life. Be part of cultures. Spread wisdom. Make mistakes. Love and suffer. Contribute. Endure. Help to change. Pass on.

Nothing you face in this life is unconquerable.

We all fall down, learn from it, and stand up!

We are all significant, and we are all one.

gardnermcgee
(@gardnermcgee)
Noble Member

Thank you for this, a lovely sentiment

ReplyQuote
frankrichardson1979
(@frankrichardson1979)
Noble Member

Yes, everything in life is a struggle that we must surpass in order to attain life's victory. Move forward and we shall attain true happiness and we'll know how strong we really are.

ReplyQuote
Richard Hawkins
(@richardhawkins)
Noble Member

No matter the age of an individual, there will come a time when we must face some hardships. It is normal to feel sad or in pain when faced with problems in life. What matters is how you handle it. I'm glad to know that you have found a way to handle things positively on your end. Keep moving forward!

ReplyQuote
Jacob Stephens
(@jacobstoic)
Noble Member

If we die and there is an afterlife, you will surely have wanted to live well and do good.

If we die and there is nothingness, then you will die in comfort knowing you have done your best and lived a good life.

Those two sentences right there are a great perspective on living a good and meaningful life. Thanks a ton for this post, mate.

ReplyQuote
Margaux Dizon
(@margaux)
Noble Member

I'm not that knowledgeable yet about stoicism, but this is something that I can relate to. You're right! We just need to bounce back and keep fighting.

ReplyQuote
Share: